Our last Afternoon Update on 25th
January 2018 was a great success and Partners Employment Lawyers are now delighted to invite you to our next complimentary Afternoon Update to experience the theatre of an Employment Tribunal.
We highly encourage those delegates who make decisions in respect of staff to attend this invaluable learning session to gain an understanding of what an Employment Tribunal is really like. This is a highly interactive session which will encorunage delegates question their own decision-making.
For details of the event please see below.
June 2018 - 2.00pm until 4.00pm
The Law Society 113 Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1PL.
Please see below a video clip which gives you an idea of our sessions:
What to expect
As experts within this area who regularly appear in the Employment Tribunal, our mock Employment Tribunal will mirror tribunal proceedings and will give delegates the opportunity to:
- understand how employment tribunals work (without having to face one in real life!)
- a unique insight into how employment tribunals approach claims
- what it takes to persuade them to find for the employer
- the opportunity to participate fully in the proceedings
- Obtain a greater understanding of the implications of the process to feed back to your own business or organisation
This is also a unique training exercise for business owners/managers, especially to stress the need to manage their staff properly and effectively.
By the end of the session, delegates will:
- understand why HR advocate the following of proper procedures, and the need to properly manage staff.
- understand the importance the Employment Tribunal places on procedure and reasoned decision making.
- a chance to learn how to prepare for, present and defend a Tribunal claim.
- build your confidence to prepare for any future Tribunals without risk to your business.
The session is fully interactive and encourages managers to question their own decision-making whilst also gaining an insight into how a tribunal might challenge their approach.
How will the session be structured?
What previous workshop delegates say:
- Pleadings and witness statements will be provided to delegates in order to allow the proceedings to be followed.
- The witnesses will give evidence (as they do in real employment tribunals) and will then be cross-examined by one of our highly experienced team barristers and questioned by the delegates.
- After the evidence there will be submissions and then a detailed discussion of the issues and finally a vote on the outcome. This will be followed by a discussion about what has been learnt and why it’s important.
- Delegates have the opportunity not only to question the witnesses but help decide the outcome and any remedy.
“Hina and her team recently delivered employment law sessions to our London management team which focused on a range of key employment law issues. Feedback was that the sessions were excellent, informative and well presented. They discussed actual case law as well as company-relevant scenarios based on their knowledge of our internal policies and procedures.”
HR Department, Euromonitor International Ltd.
‘’This was a great victory not only for the management, but because of the message it sent to everyone in the company. Hina’s guidance, along with the hard work of her dedicated team, meant we received the advice, and representation necessary to enabled us to achieve this great outcome.’’
Nick Watson, Director, Pearl & Coutts Ltd
‘’As an experienced HR Director it is critical to have expert employment law advice that you trust. Working with Hina Belitz over the past 5 years has been a breath of fresh air. Her professional consultative style has afforded me to make strategic decisions on difficult and complex employment cases. I find her open to different solutions whilst steadfast in her legal approach to different situations. Always offering guidance and flexibility towards the needs of the business and its cultural norms. I would not make any key legal decisions without her input.’’
DM, HR Director
‘’Great subject areas, right on point and I was grateful for the knowledge delivered so succinctly and confidently’’.
‘’Hugely insightful, productive and beneficial afternoon. Would highly recommend. Thank you!’’.
NHT, HR, Kurt Geiger
“I’ll take this opportunity to say what a great seminar it was and their passion and knowledge was truly inspiring.”
F P, HR, Central & Cecil
“A well thought out and delivered employment law seminar that covered important and critical areas of employment law and issues facing employers.”
F R, HR Consultant
If you wish to attend: please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org
The session is free to attend. However, we expect this will be a very popular event and as places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis, we would encourage you to reply as soon as possible. Documentation may be sent ahead of the event. We hope you can attend.